If you are regularly trying to battle greasy, oily skin, know that you’re not alone. Millions of people have oily skin, but there are ways to deal with it. You can create less oil on your face, but you will need to know what to do. While your genetics definitely have a role in your skin type, you can also change your skin’s behavior by changing a few things.
Here are some ways to get rid of greasy skin:
- Switch out your cleanser. Oil cleansers are actually perfect for people with greasy skin. It may sound strange, but the oil attracts your skin’s natural oil and helps it rinse away. Tip: if your skin feels tight after washing it, you need a new cleanser. If you don’t like oil-based cleansers, look for ones that contain salicylic acid. Salicylic acid helps reduce acne as well.
- Use toner only a few times per week. You may think that toner helps to reduce oil, but it could also be dehydrating your skin, leading it to produce more oil. It can also make your skin more sensitive.
- Don’t forget to hydrate your skin. It might sound strange, but if your skin is very oily, it is actually a sign that you need more moisture. Moisturization is also key to help block out external irritants. Just look for moisturizers that are oil-free and aren’t heavy creams.
- Try a retinoid treatment. It helps reduce the oil that causes acne. You can also look for products that contain vitamin A.
- Don’t overuse your skin products. If you overuse a product, it could cause your skin to overproduce oil, which you do not want!
- Watch your makeup. If you wear makeup, it could actually be causing your oily skin. Avoid heavy foundations and look for products that are matte or oil-controlling. Don’t forget to remove makeup before you go to sleep or it will irritate your skin. This could also cause acne and extra oil.
Do you have greasy or oily skin? What helps you reduce it? What products do you like to use on a regular basis?
If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE with your friends and family who are always complaining about their oily skin!