We all forget to wear sunscreen from time to time. Some of us may have engaged in dangerous skin behaviors over the years like tanning or laying out in the sun. Don’t panic, a lot of people are guilty of voluntarily damaging their skin, but there are solutions! Try our tips on how to avoid future damage and how to handle try and roll back the damage that has already been done.:
- You really are what you eat. Your skin benefits greatly from healthy eating. To reduce the look of sun damage, you should try eating more vegetables, especially leafy greens.1
- Slather on the sunscreen. Prevent further damage from happening by wearing your Recapture 360 Day Cream + IR Defense (SPF 30 is key!) when you go outdoors every day, even on cloudy or chilly days. You can also try wearing sunglasses and hats regularly. If you do forget and get a little sun, make sure to moisturize heavily when you get home.1
- One of the best and safest ways to brighten your skin and reduce sun damage and dark spots is to use vitamin C. Increase your intake of foods containing vitamin C and use a cream on your skin that contains vitamin C.1
- Try our Inlighten Spot Corrector & Brightening Serum + IR Defense. This high-performance serum contains powerful brightening and dark spot targeting actives that diminish the look of hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone and sun damage. It firms, tones and reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles. It leaves skin with a bright, naturally luminous radiance.
- If your dark spots and sun damage are very severe, ask your dermatologist about treatment options they might recommend.,
- As you treat your skin, learn to hide the damage by using the correct makeup to reduce the look of your sun damage. Try a CC or BB cream that helps to cover up sun damage quickly.1
Lastly, don’t forget to exfoliate. Dead skin cells can clog your skin and prevent products from helping to reduce your sun damage. Try an exfoliant like our Exfoliating Polish, it’s gentle enough on the skin to be used every day.Do you have sun damage? How do you reduce sun damage spots and brighten your skin? What are some of your favorite products? Share with us!
1 – From InStyle