Another year is right around the corner. But first, we party! Whether you are going to a fancy, shindig or a quiet, festive party, you probably want to look your best. Here are some makeup and hair looks we’ve rounded up for New Year’s Eve:
- If you want to go big and bold, pair a bright lip and curly hair. Wash your hair with a hydrating shampoo and conditioner to prevent frizz and let air dry. Then use a small curling iron or curling wand and curl your entire head of hair. Use an anti-frizz serum at the ends and to calm any frizz that has appeared and set with hairspray. Pair with a bright lip. Think red, hot pink or purple. Go for glitter if you want too! Then make the rest of your makeup look subdued to really have your lips stand out.
- Go vintage with a French twist, red lip, and cat eye. Channel your inner Bardot or Hepburn with this classic look. Spray damp hair with a texturizing spray. Once dry, gather hair at the base of your neck and twist upward. Set your hair with bobby pins and don’t worry about it looking perfect. Set with hairspray. For your makeup look, choose a red lipstick that complements your skin tone. Use black eyeliner to create a winged eyeliner, cat-eye look. Keep your blush and eyeshadow at a minimum, since your eyes and lips are already so captivating.
- If you have very short hair, slick it back and try the chic look of using a colored stain for your cheeks and lips. Use a serum or wax to smooth dry hair back gently and fold into place with a paddle brush. Once you have your hair where you like it, use a heavy-duty hairspray to set it in place all night. For your makeup look, find a perfect for you color stain. Use it on your lips and cheeks for a fun look for going out or staying in.
- Fool everyone for the night with a faux bob and use highlighter to play with your features. To fake like you got a haircut, blow-dry your hair straight or slightly wavy. Part hair and put it in a low ponytail, with the elastic loose, about an inch from the ends. Roll your hair under and secure the hair loosely with bobby pins. To fake different features, use highlighter around your eyes to make them appear larger or highlighter on your nose and darker foundation around your nose (blended well) to make your nose appear smaller. Use highlighter on your cheekbones to accentuate them as well.
- Don’t forget, New Year’s Eve is the perfect night to get out all of your glitter products. Try spritzing your hair with a glitter spray for a cool shine or use glitter or shimmer around your eyes or on your lips.
Do you have New Year’s Eve plans? How do you plan to wear your hair and makeup for the festivities? Share some photos with us below!