Do you have acne? Have you tried everything out there with no luck? You can actually get rid of acne with natural treatments. We list some of the most common causes of acne and some natural treatments for acne:
- For women, birth control pills can cause acne problems. But for some, it can help treat acne, so when you quit, you break out again.
- Diet and stress are the top causes of acne. Eating a lot of processed, greasy and sugary foods is a top cause of acne. Stress is another way that you can keep acne coming back.
- Hormonal acne. Whether you are on birth control or not, many women experience acne flare-ups when they are PMSing or when they start their period.
- Other medications can also cause acne as a side effect.
- Bad hygiene is another common cause of acne. If you leave makeup on overnight or don’t cleanse your face regularly, you can see acne sprout up from dirt, oil and dead skin cells.
Here are some initial tips for treating acne:
- Don’t pick at your acne.
- Don’t over cleanse.
- Stay hydrated and eat a healthy diet.
- Be patient and give your natural treatments time to work. There may not be immediate results.
- Try cleansing with organic apple cider vinegar or honey for a natural way to treat acne and remove harmful bacteria.
- Try a yogurt, honey and cinnamon mask to hydrate and heal your skin. Mix one tablespoon of raw honey with one tablespoon of plain, sugar-free yogurt. Add a little cinnamon. Mix together and apply to face or acne spots. Rinse off gently after about 10 minutes.
- Tea tree oil is great for acne. Apply topically to acne spots.
- Exfoliate regularly, but gently. Make your own natural scrubs with sea salt, brown sugar or ground oatmeal and mix with either coconut oil, kefir or honey. It will help remove dead skin cells and heal acne naturally.
- Even if you are dealing with severe acne, you still need to moisturize. Try a natural moisturizer like coconut oil.
- Sometimes, if your gut balance is off, this can be the cause of acne as well. Take a probiotic or incorporate more probiotic rich foods into your diet like miso soup, sauerkraut, yogurt, kefir, or kombucha.
Do you suffer from acne? Did you know there were so many different natural treatments for acne? Which one will you try next? Share your story!