Are you a beauty junkie? If so, you probably have different brushes for all sorts of concealing, blending and shading. Now think about this…how often do you clean your makeup brushes thoroughly? It might seem like a pain, but washing your makeup brushes is essential because dirt, oil, and bacteria can easily get trapped in the bristles. This can make you break out or even cause viral skin infections. In addition, if you don’t clean your tools regularly, they can make you apply your makeup unevenly. Here are some recommendations for how to clean your makeup brushes:
- Buy a daily brush cleanser spray. Spray on brushes lightly after each use to keep them clean. You can buy these wherever you buy your makeup.
- Once a week, do a deep clean of your makeup brushes. This will take several hours to dry, so make sure you do it after you apply your makeup for the day.
- Here’s what you’ll need: a bowl, a sink, a lint-free cloth and gentle clarifying shampoo or baby shampoo.
- Run your brushes under warm water. Fill a bowl with warm water and a little bit of shampoo and swirl the brushes in it gently. Rinse again. Repeat until no makeup residue comes out of the brush anymore. Use the cloth to wipe your brush clean and reshape the bristles. Lay the brushes on the cloth to dry for several hours.
- If you have brushes that you haven’t washed for years, it may be time to just buy new and start over. Now you know the importance of clean brushes and how to cleanse them, you can do better with new brushes.
Did you know the dangers of not washing your makeup brushes? Did you know how to wash them effectively? Share with us!