If make-up is part of your every day, you likely know the importance of having a great set of makeup brushes to get that polished professional look.
The most essential brushes include:
- Angled eye brush
- Angled face brush
- Brow brush
- Concealer brush
- Eye blending brush
- Eyeshadow brush
- Fan brush
- Kabuki brush
- Lip brush
- Powder brush
- Smudge brush
- You can buy a set or choose individual brushes that fit your needs.
- Make sure to wash your brushes in a mild soap once a week.
- Pat them down gently and let them air dry.
- Keep them in a cup or container with the brush side up to protect the bristles.
- When traveling, pack them safely in a makeup bag or roll them inside a hand towel.
It may not seem like it’s worth the investment, but a good set of brushes that are well taken care of can last for years. But don’t feel like you can’t also have some fun with them. There are a lot of whimsical styles on the market now with varying patterns, textures and colors.
If you’ve got money to burn, you might get a kick out of gold plated sets or even higher priced professional sets that hover around the $600 mark. More affordably priced sets are available in a variety of colors and materials that range from $20-$200.