Our skin is easily affected by the day-to-day weather. And if we are travelling, it can be even more challenging to keep up! Here are a few ways to help you deal with your makeup and skincare no matter the elements…
In the Heat:
- In the summer months, it’s important to revise your fall/winter make-up routine:
- Your first two layers should consist of an oil-free moisturizer and an oil-free primer.
- Consider a foundation that is less emollient and try to find one that has an SPF of 15 or higher to protect you from the sun’s rays.
- If you are not already skin kissed, try a light powder blush or bronze to give more dimension to your cheeks
- Save the heavy make-up look for the fall and keep your summer face as light and fresh as a summer breeze.
- Try to avoid cream foundations for they will attract moisture.
- If you think you might get wet, try waterproof mascaras and eyeliners.
- When it’s hot, make-up does tend to want to move around a little, so it’s best to keep things at a minimum. (It’s never fun when your face melts off, trust me!)
In the Chill:
- When the cooler weather kicks in, it’s time to switch from the summer method and add far more moisture:
- Be careful not to over wash your face. The air is so dry in the winter months that it easily saps out all our natural moisture.
- Weekly hydrating masks are a pretty great idea for this time of the year.
- Start your day with a good face cream, like our Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare Recapture 360 Day Cream! It’s important to protect your skin from the sun, even in winter. Recapture 360 Day contains a broad spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen!
- Choose a foundation that matches your winter skin tone – it may be lighter than your summer skin tone.
- Blush will help give your cheeks a healthy glow.
- Waterproof mascara and eyeliner come in real handy on those blustery days that make your eyes water.
- A moisturizing lipstick is almost a must! And they come in all shades and colors.
Your skin needs time to breath, so always remove all your make-up before bedtime and apply your favorite night cream (you know which one is ours ).
And no matter the weather, keep your daily makeup bag handy for needed touchups throughout the day.