I don’t want to start an article on the power of positivity by saying what you shouldn’t do, but certain phrases can literally bring you down and should be avoided at all cost because the upside is worth it! Phrases like:
“I’m not good enough.”
“What’s the point?”
“They won’t choose me.”
“They’ll laugh at me.”
“I’m not pretty.”
“I’m too old.”
“That makes me sick”
“That’s killing me”
Saying these things out loud can become a self-fulfilling prophecy!
So if these are things that you have said or secretly thought, you must stop the cycle of negative speech which becomes thoughts, which becomes you! Our own self-doubt does more damage to us than others words ever could, and a few simple reminders can turn it all around! We are all human, which means that we are not perfect. We all have fears and doubts, but we can’t allow the outside noise to change who we really are and what we can accomplish. Try these exercises and reminders to help you see how great you really can be!
– Be honest about your situation. It’s easy to fall into the drama, but look at each situation for what it is and find the good in it, or what’s funny! Being able to laugh at yourself is the best way to stay upbeat.
– When in doubt, take a moment to review your accomplishments. Look at what you have achieved and let it guide you to where you are heading.
– Finding gratitude and appreciation helps put everything into perspective
– Meditation helps us get back to center, so take a few minutes each day to breathe, relax, and clear your mind.
– Spend time around uplifting people. There are plenty of people who like to bring down a room and those are the people you want to avoid at all costs.
– It always feels great to give back to others so take time to volunteer in your community.
– Failure is really an opportunity to learn and grow, so go ahead and be bold with your good intentions!
– Watch your patterns. It’s easy to fall into a routine of looking at things in the worst possible light. Turn that around and appreciate the little things. They add up.
– Take time to listen to people you admire. Someone who lifts your spirits is usually filled with inspiration and confidence. That’s good energy to feed on.