There was a time when it was common to go to bed in your makeup or slather yourself in tanning lotion. Those days are gone and it’s important to review your skin care routine and make sure you’re not repeating the wrong steps. Here are some poor skin care habits or mistakes many of us make.
- Picking at your face: Anytime you pick or pull at your skin, you risk damage, irritation, scars, and wrinkles. Stop picking at your face!
- Assuming your tinted foundation or moisturizer offers sufficient SPF protection. These forms of protection are not sufficient. The Christie Brinkley Authentic Skin Care line protects against the full spectrum of damaging sun rays. Many skin care products only defend against UVA or UVB rays. Christie Brinkley Skin Care defends against both UVA and UBV rays while also being among the first skin care lines in the US to defend again Infrared Rays.
- Not cleansing properly: You may be diligent in makeup removal, but are you using the right cleanser to put your skin in optimal condition for overnight renewal? The Christie Brinkley Complete Clarity Facial Cleansing Wash balances skin moisture while removing makeup. It gentle for all skin types, it leaves your skin looking refreshed and feeling moisturized.
- Popping pimples: Pimple-popping is something we’ve all done, but we typically do it incorrectly (squeezing from the sides) which can cause the infection to go down deeper into the pore. Wash your face with a clean washcloth instead of popping from the sides. If the pimple is ready to pop, this is all the pressure it will need.
- Using dirty makeup brushes: This can do more damage to your skin than you think. Invest in a brush cleaner, especially for your foundation brush. Keeping your brushes clean will help ensure that old makeup and dirt isn’t going to hurt your skin.
- Not washing your pillowcases enough: You should change your pillowcase at least once a week. Wash in hot water to kill off dust mites that can cause allergies. If you’re acne-prone, do it more frequently.
- Not sticking with your chosen routine: Be truthful with how much time you are willing to dedicate to skin care and adopt a regime that fits your schedule.