Facials are one of the best ways to make sure your skin stays in good condition. Facials clear clogged pores, soothe tired skin and can leave you with clean, hydrated skin. Below are some tips that can help to maximize the benefits of facials.
- Stay out of the sun! Try to stay out of the sun for up to a week before your facial. If you do get a sunburn before your appointment, call and reschedule. Be sure to stay out of the sun after your facial too!
- Use an exfoliant at least once a week. It will help remove dead skin cells and unclog pores to help give you a brighter face and glow.
- Schedule the best time for your facial. If you want to focus heavily on pore cleansing and extractions, it’s best to schedule your facial for the end of the day when you don’t have to go anywhere.
- Use the proper cleanser for your skin. You need something well balanced and made for skin care, not just soap. The Christie Brinkley Complete Clarity Facial Cleansing Wash is a luxurious foaming gel cleanser that is gentle on skin but gives strong cleansing action. This cleanser is designed to leave your skin feeling clean but not dry by balancing skin moisture.
- Avoid extraction at home. It’s more than likely that you’ll use your finger nails, which will break the skin and may lead to scars.