Summer is just around the corner, and it is time to get yourself ready! We have out together a few of the most helpful summer skincare tips, so you can have your best summer yet!
- Exfoliate! We know, you’ve heard it before, but exfoliation is the key to healthy glowing skin. Exfoliation removes dead skin and debris from the skin’s surface, allowing it to regenerate and breath like it needs to. Removing excess dirt and pollutants also gives your skin a healthy glow that no product can fake. For the best results, exfoliate every morning, before applying your SPF moisturizer and makeup.
- Moisturize! A lot of people are wary of moisturizers, because they believe it will leave the skin oilier, and more prone to breakouts. The truth is, breakouts can be caused from your skin over compensating for a lack of moisture… to prevent this, apply an oil free moisturizer every morning and evening. An SPF moisturizer in the morning has double the benefits, leaving your skin moist and supple, as well as protected from potentially harmful UV rays.
- Hydrate! Healthy skin starts from the inside. Drinking water helps prevent dehydration, which affects the skin. Keeping your body hydrated keeps the skin cells plump and hydrated as well, which helps prevent dry and dull patches. Drinking at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day helps to keep your system hydrated, as well as rid the body of impurities that may be making you feel unwell. And remember, for everyone 1 caffeinated beverage you enjoy, you must counter that with 3 8-ounce glasses of water!
- Lather up! There is no such thing as over-applying when it comes to sun screen; it is important to fully cover the skin, and reapply frequently, in order to give you the most complete SPF protection. Most experts recommend at least a teaspoon of sun screen for the face, and about a shot glass for the body, which must be reapplied every two hours. Another way to protect yourself from sun damage would be to avoid the sun when it’s at its strongest, mid-day. Since avoiding the sun is not always an option, regular and thick application of sunscreen is key!
- Take care of damaged skin! Unfortunately, mistakes happen, and sunburns may occur. It is important not to ignore damaged skin when this does happen; apply soothing botanicals like aloe and coconut oil can help the skin heal properly, and slow down the damage. As soon as you notice even the slightest pink glow of the skin, apply these products generously and often!
Following these guidelines will help you to avoid sun and heat damage, but some damage is unavoidable. Regularly use Christie Brinkley’s Authentic Skin Care RECAPTURE 360 Night Anti-Aging Night Treatment help to replenish the skin’s pre-sun beauty, and leave you with a more supple and glowing complexion.
We hope these tips have reached you in time, and you can enjoy another year looking young and fresh!