While some people’s pores get clogged easier than others, clogged pores is almost inevitable. Especially if you have oily or acne-prone skin, your pores might get clogged very easily with oil and dirt. This can lead to large pores, blackheads, whiteheads, and other unsightly acne.
Here are some DIY recipes with items you may already have in your own home that can help unclog your pores naturally plus some of the best items to buy:
- Parsley soak. Parsley is actually great for decongesting your pores naturally. Wash fresh parsley and put it in a bowl of boiling water. Let it soak until the water is cool. Then put a washcloth or towel in the water to soak up all the goodness. Then place it on your face for about 10 minutes.
- Baking soda scrub. Baking soda is a natural exfoliant and can help deep clean your pores. Mix about two teaspoons of baking soda with one teaspoon of water. This will make a paste that you can massage on your face. Leave it on like a mask for about 5 minutes and then rinse.
- Lemon treatment. Lemons contain citric acid that naturally exfoliates your skin. Cut a lemon in a half and rub it on your face. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and then rinse. It can also help brighten your skin if you have dull skin.
- Pore strips or extraction tools. If you have some deep blackheads, pore strips and extraction tools are excellent in helping remove them. If you’d like to get pampered and spend some extra cash, get a facial. A specialist can remove blackheads properly and use products that will cleanse and nourish your face afterward.
- Charcoal mask. Activated charcoal is great to get rid of congested pores because it can absorb up to 200 times its weight. Find a cleanser, exfoliator, or mask that contains activated charcoal.
- Use products that contain retinoids. Retinoids can help remove dead skin cells that can lead to blocked pores. It can also help reduce signs of aging.
- Remember, regular cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturization can help keep your skin clear. Products with salicylic acid helps to reduce acne and clogged pores as well.
Do you regularly have clogged pores? What is your favorite way to remove the gunk in your pores?
If you found this article informative, please SHARE with your friends and family who complain about their pores all the time!