Scars can tell a great story but they can also be embarrassing. Whether you love or hate your scar, you probably at times wish it would go away. While you can’t really completely get rid of scars without surgical procedures, there are many ways you can lessen their visibility.
Scars typically show up after an injury. You may also experience scars from stretch marks from pregnancy or weight changes. You may even experience acne scars. They might be flat or bumpy. No matter what they look like, if you want to get rid of them, here are some natural treatments to get rid of scars:
- Get some silicone gel sheeting. It is a sticky, clear pad that goes over your scar. It can help the scar heal, become less red and is relatively unnoticeable.
- Try aloe vera. Aloe vera is not only great for sunburns, but it can also help scars heal and soothe damaged skin. It can also help regenerate the damaged tissues. You can find aloe vera gel almost anywhere, but the most effective treatment comes directly from the aloe vera leaf. To use, simply peel the outer green cover and you’ll see the gel. Apply it directly to your scar, two to three times daily.
- Try using essential oils. Tea tree oil and Helichrysum oil are both natural healing essential oils that work well for healing scars. Use two to four drops of the essential oil and mix with coconut oil. Then rub on the affected area about twice daily.
- Get out the apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar has a lot of uses and benefits, so make sure to keep some handy. It can also help eliminate dead skin cells which will help diminish your scars. Mix a little apple cider vinegar with honey and apply to the affected area using a cotton ball. Leave on for about 10 minutes and then rinse off, about two to three times a day.
- Of course, there are also many, many scar removal or prevention creams you can purchase. Keeping the area exfoliated and moisturized will only help you.
- If the scar does not respond to treatments, it may need surgical treatment to remove. This can be costly so talk to your doctor and determine which treatment is right for you.
Remember, if you have a cut or a burn, there are steps you can take to prevent a scar from forming. Shea butter and coconut oil can help to keep the area moist as it heals, which can prevent scarring. It may also help repair skin.
Do you have any scars? Do you like them because of the story they tell or do you wish they would disappear? What treatments have you tried for your scars?
If you found this article interesting, please share with a friend!