Of course, you want to look young year-round, but most people are more reminded that they want to look young and thin in the summer months. When the weather gets hotter and people are showing more skin, you want yours to be in tip top shape. There are many ways you can look younger this summer without taking a trip to a plastic surgeon or even dermatologist. Here are some of the most important tips for looking young this summer:
- The first is the most important: wear sunscreen! Sunscreen protects your skin from sun damage, which is one of the top things that causes people to look older than they are. Wear sunscreen of at least SPF 30 when you are outside. You can also wear hats and other protective clothing to keep your face hidden from the sun. If you still crave that summer bronzed look, you can achieve it through sunless tanning, self-tanner and bronzing makeup.
- You might be working out to tone your body, but you probably don’t think about toning your face. Try some facial exercises to reduce wrinkles and firm up your skin. Look up some easy facial exercises you can do each day to reduce wrinkles around your eyes, mouth and neck area.
- Use good quality skin care products. Invest in a good quality cleanser, exfoliator and moisturizer. Also look for products that help keep you looking young and wrinkle free. If you already have some sun damage, try our INLIGHTEN Spot Corrector & Brightening Serum + IR Defense to remove dark spots and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Get a facial. If you are looking to refresh your skin and want to pamper yourself this summer, try getting a professional facial. A skincare professional can pinpoint your exact skin conditions and issues and help you treat them.
- Eat good foods that help your skin. Eggs are great for your skin because they contain zinc which controls oil production. Strawberries, oranges, and broccoli are full of vitamin C, which keeps your skin smooth and wrinkle-free. Lastly, eat some tomatoes because they contain lycopene which protects against sun damage. Perfect for summer picnics!
- Stay hydrated. Drinking enough water is crucial for healthy and hydrated skin. In the summer, you really need extra water to stay hydrated in the hot sun. If you like coconuts, try coconut water because it is even more hydrated for your body and your skin.
What else do you do to keep your skin looking younger in the summer months? Share with us!
If you liked this article, please share with a friend!