Putting food on your face might not sound ideal but, putting certain foods on your face may have a lot of benefits.1 Here are some of the best foods to put on your face and why they are so good for you:
- Bananas are an all-natural face moisturizer. You can make a face mask by mashing up a banana into a smooth paste and gently applying to your face and neck. Let sit for 10-20 minutes and then rinse with cool water.1
- Vinegar is a natural skin toner. It is a great way to cleanse and tighten your skin after you wash your face. Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with two cups of water and use it as a finishing rinse.1
- Milk is another great way to give yourself a facial using something you already have in your home! Mix ¼ cup of powdered milk with water to form a thick paste. Then apply to your skin and let dry. Then rinse with warm water.1
- Oatmeal can also help quench thirsty skin. Mix ½ cup of warm water and 1/3 cup of oatmeal. After it is mixed, add two tablespoons of plain yogurt, two tablespoons of honey and one small egg white. Apply a thin layer to your face and let sit for 10-15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.1
- This may seem weird, but mayonnaise contains whole eggs that make your skin feel smooth. Spread mayonnaise all over your skin and leave it on for about 20 minutes, then wipe off and rinse with cool water.1
- Plain yogurt with no added flavors or sugars is great for cleansing and tightening your skin. Simply slather on yogurt and let sit for about 20 minutes.1
- Mild yellow mustard is actually great for soothing and stimulating your skin.1
- Lemons are a great natural brightener. You can create your own facial that exfoliates and moisturizes by mixing lemon juice with a ¼ cup of olive oil or sweet almond oil.1
- An egg can be used for all skin types. If you have dry skin, use the egg yolk. If you have oily skin, use the egg white. For normal skin, you can use the entire egg. Simply beat and slather on your face for about 30 minutes.1
Now go ahead and raid your refrigerator and pantry and invite your friends over for a fun, silly but surprisingly amazing food facial.
If you have sensitive skin, you may want to test a patch of skin with the food before applying it to your entire face to make sure it won’t cause irritation.
Which food will you try putting on your face first? Let us know by sharing below!
1 – Facts from Reader’s Digest