Aging doesn’t have to be a traumatic experience. If you take care of yourself and your skin, you can look great at any age. We compiled some of the best diet tips to help you look younger longer. Here are some of the best anti-aging foods to add to your diet now to age gracefully:
- Add nuts into your diet, especially almonds. Almonds and other nuts contain a lot of antioxidants and vitamin E which fight free radicals and can keep your skin moisturized and supple.
- Add more orange, red and green vegetables. Orange and red vegetables contain beta-carotene which your body converts into vitamin A, which is key to prevent cell damage and premature aging. Green vegetables also contain vitamin E and fiber to keep your system free of toxins that can make you appear older.
- Eat citrus fruits. Citrus fruits contain a lot of vitamin C which helps your body create collagen, which is key to keeping your skin smooth and firm. If you lack collagen, your skin will start to sag and you will appear older than you are.
- Along with citrus fruits, add berries to your diet, especially blueberries. They contain antioxidants that fight free radicals and inflammation that can cause your skin to flare up and look aged.
- Add omega-3 fatty acids to your diet. This means adding seafood to your diet but if you don’t like it or are allergic, look for an omega-3 fatty acid supplement you can add to your diet. It will help your skin stay smooth because it contains a lot of antioxidants as well.
- Try a probiotic or add more high-quality yogurt to your diet. Probiotics heal your gut and give you good bacteria. If you have too much bad bacteria it can wreak havoc on your skin.
- If you want to age gracefully, avoid a few things too. If you overdo it on alcohol and caffeine, it will dehydrate you and your skin and make you appear older over time. Sugar and gluten products are also culprits for aging you faster so avoid processed foods and desserts.
Did you know that certain foods that keep you looking younger for a longer period of time? Which foods are your favorite on this list? Share with us!