Summer is here and with it brings a whole new set of skin issues! From dehydrated and dull skin, oiliness, sunburns, to pigmentation and freckles, you need to take extra good care of your skin. Add some DIY face masks with ingredients you already have in your house to your skin care routine for extra TLC this summer. Here are some of the best recipes for DIY face masks:
- Mix an avocado and honey mask for moisture. Mix ½ of a mashed ripe avocado, ½ teaspoon of coconut oil and two tablespoons of honey and apply for 15 minutes until dry. Wash off with warm water for instantly hydrated skin.
- Try a natural exfoliant mask with papayas. Mix together one seeded and peeled papaya, ½ teaspoon of honey and ¼ teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply it all over your face, avoiding the eye area and leave on for about 10-15 minutes.
- Brighten your skin with a strawberry and lemon mask. Mash together a few strawberries, two tablespoons of lemon juice, one tablespoon of plain yogurt and one tablespoon of honey. Apply evenly and lie down while it dries so it doesn’t slide off. Rinse with cold water.
- Try a detoxifying and puffiness reducing coffee mask. Just mix two tablespoons of ground coffee, two tablespoons of cocoa powder, one tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of plain yogurt. Spread on your face and allow to dry for about 10 minutes. As you remove, scrub gently to exfoliate.
- If you get sunburned or your skin gets irritated in the summer, try an oatmeal mask. Mix 1/3 cup of instant oatmeal, ½ cup of hot water, one to two tablespoons of plain yogurt and one tablespoon of honey. Mix the oatmeal in hot water until it becomes soft then add honey and yogurt. Blend in the blender if you want a smoother texture. Apply evenly and leave on for 15-20 minutes. This can be used anywhere you have a sunburn too.
- For sensitive skin, try a cucumber mask. Simply peel and mash a cucumber and apply to your face. If your skin needs a little exfoliation too, add a tablespoon of sugar. Leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- If you don’t love your tan or complexion, try a milk and honey mask. It helps to brighten the skin. Mix one tablespoon of honey, four tablespoons of milk and two tablespoons of lemon juice. Since it is a liquid, apply with cotton balls and let dry for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
- Who doesn’t want to try a chocolate face mask that you can eat?! Mix together one tablespoon of milk, two tablespoons of dark chocolate or cocoa powder and three tablespoons of honey. Apply a thin layer and let dry.
- Try a hydrating watermelon face mask. Mix two tablespoons of watermelon juice, two tablespoons of cucumber juice, one teaspoon of milk powder and one teaspoon of yogurt. Let sit for 15-20 minutes.
Which DIY face mask are you the most excited to try? What skin issue do you regularly encounter in the summer? Share with us!