Movement is such an important part of our day. Even on those really busy days, there are opportunities for movement with multi-tasking, or multi-taskercise!
Here are a few tricks to incorporating movement into the daily routine without skipping a beat!
- When running errands, park your car a little farther away to get in some walking time. Even parking at the end of the lot will make a big difference over time.
- Cleaning the house is great for movement! Scrubbing, mopping, and sweeping can all be done with extra power to engage the muscles and get a good workout. Turn up the music and enjoy cleaning a bit.
- While brushing your teeth or blow-drying your hair, do some squats or leg lifts. Stabilize one hand on the counter if you need it, and challenge yourself each morning and evening to get in a set or two.
- Taking the stairs (instead of the elevator) is a great workout!
- If you’re in an office all day, take a walk at lunch. It’s also a great time to catch up on the phone with a friend.
- At work, if you are able to get a Standing Desk, it more easily allows you to stretch and do squats while at your computer.
- Try reading or watching TV from a stationary bike or elliptical.
- When sitting for long periods of time, engage your glute muscles for 10-15 seconds and then release. Repeat as often as you like. This is great while in the car, at the office, even in a waiting room! No one will ever know you’re getting in a workout.
- Spending time with a child? Perfect! Fit in playtime with a great work out!
- Lay babies on the floor and hold in plank pose above them while making silly faces. Their giggling will keep you well entertained making the time fly by!
- Pop them in a stroller and jog to the park or playground
- Play tag with toddlers
- Have a toddler sit on your back while you do push-ups.
- Have a jumping jack contest
- Ride bikes with older kids
There are loads of creative ways to multi-taskercise through the day and before long, it will become part of your daily routine. In addition to taking care of your body as part of your daily routine, don’t forget to take care of your skin. Finishing off a day of multi-taskercising by using Christie Brinkley Authentic Skin Care is a great way to wrap up your daily routine.