Winter can be a great time to travel and get away, but you also want to stay looking your best while on vacation. Airplanes, altered routines, and differing climates can create beauty challenges, but preparing ahead can really help keep you looking great when you travel this winter.
High Altitudes and Your Skin
High altitudes can create challenges for your skin, so if you’ll be traveling by plane you’ll want to plan ahead so that you can arrive at your destination looking your best. High altitudes can dehydrate skin, so make sure you hydrate from the inside out. Drink plenty of water prior to and during your flight, and apply plenty of moisturizer like Christie’s RECAPTURE 360 + IR Defense Anti-Aging Day Cream and REFOCUS Under Eye Treatment. If it’s a long flight and you plan on napping, you might even consider RECAPTURE 360 Night Anti-Aging Night Treatment to take advantage of your skin’s naturally restorative sleep cycle.
On the Islands
Tropical destinations are popular to escape the cold of winter, but make sure you’re prepared!
- Use sunblock and sunscreen! Christie’s RECAPTURE 360 + IR Defense Anti-Aging Day Cream can help protect you from the sun’s rays, but you’ll also need a highly rated sunblock for full protection. Apply regularly.
- Drink plenty of water! It’s easy to get dehydrated, especially if you are spending time in the ocean and may not feel hot.
- Know the climate! Hair challenges can arise from islands that are especially windy or humid. Plan ahead by bringing appropriate hair ties, pins and styling products.
On the Slopes
If winter sports and colder climates are your vacation dream, make sure you take precautions so that you’ll look as great back at the lodge as you do on the slopes!
- Stay hydrated! Warmer climates may encourage thirst, but you might not notice thirst as much if you’re out in the cold. You can easily become dehydrated with outdoor winter sports activity, as well as lose hydration through respiration. You also feel less thirsty in cold weather, so it’s even more important to be conscious of staying hydrated.
- Wear sunblock! The sun’s rays can be especially strong bouncing off snow covered mountains, so don’t skip this crucial beauty must.
- Quench Your Lips! Make sure you protect your lips with high-quality protection to avoid chapping.