Water, glorious water! Our bodies are made up of nearly 60% water and we need to continue to replenish it to keep us healthy inside and out. Here are a few benefits and tips to keep us all getting enough water every day.
Health & Beauty Benefits:
- Water (especially ice water) helps increase metabolism.
- Water helps reduce headaches brought on by dehydration.
- Water makes for healthier kidney function and helps ward off kidney stones.
- Water is good for the digestive system and helps stave off constipation.
- Plenty of water during exercise helps fight fatigue and prevent muscle cramping.
- Water hydrates skin cells, reducing wrinkles.
- Spiking your water with fresh fruit or mint will take it from ordinary to beautifully refreshing.
- Flavored seltzer water is a fun change and you can also dress it up with a wedge of lemon or lime.
- Drink a tall glass of water with every meal and
- Grab a bottle of water before you leave the house and refill it throughout the day.
- Save money on bottled water by using a water filter and save the earth by using reusable water bottles.
- Keep multiple reusable bottles of water ready at your fingertips for easy consumption.
- Don’t forget that fruits and vegies are also full of water. Yes, it counts.
- Fill a water bottle with ice for a few hours of refreshing ice-cold water.
- Replacing plain water with sports drinks doesn’t quite have the same health benefits, so best to stick with nature’s elixir.
- Some common ailments can be caused by dehydration so before you reach for meds, you might want to drink a few glasses of water and see if there is improvement.