The moon is a powerful force that has been respected and honored since the dawn of man. Earth has many links to the energy of the moon, including the tides. Some people also feel very connected to and affected by the moon’s cycles.
The lunar cycle can help you notice a rhythm in your life, and life on Earth. In ancient times, the moon was used as a calendar, and has long been tied to the mysteries of women.
You may have personally noticed how there is more energy during a full moon, and it’s well known that there is often increased activity at hospitals and police stations on nights of full moons. This could be due to the belief that our emotions run especially high during this time.
If you don’t believe that the moon has any effect on you – that’s fine! Using the moon as your guide can also help you maintain the rhythm of your beauty routine – if there are some treatments that you only do every 2-4 weeks, timing them to the full or new moon can add a sense of mystery and pampering to what would normally be a chore.
There are also various beauty elements that are tied to the power of the moon…
- Rest up! Studies have actually shown that a full moon does have an effect on people’s sleeping patterns, making it more difficult for some people to fall asleep and a 30% decrease in their sleep time.
- Relax! It wouldn’t be unusual to feel anxious during a full moon so try various methods to relax like meditating, drawing a hot bath, getting a massage, or finding a quiet place to rest.
- Moisturize! It’s said that our skin and hair are more absorbent during a full moon, so take this opportunity to apply a deep moisturizer.
- Snip Snip. It’s believed that cutting your hair during a full moon will help it grow back faster. Cutting your hair during a new moon is said to help it hold its shape longer.
- Clip Clip. Trimming your nails during this time can also help them grow in stronger.
- Ouch! You may want to avoid hair removal like eyebrow plucking or waxing during a full moon as our bodies are said to be a little more sensitive to pain (since the body’s pain receptors are heightened.)
The moon shines most brightly at night, which is the perfect time to establish a beauty routine. After a long day, it’s easy to put on your pajamas and hop into bed without so much as washing your face, let alone giving your skin the attention it deserves. When your day is done, though, it is vital to remove your makeup and cleanse your skin before you sleep. At night, your skin has time to rest and refresh for the coming day. Nighttime offers a higher cell renewal rate and the skin is better able to absorb the essential ingredients in skin care products, making night time the best time to support your body’s natural repair cycle and to replenish your skin. Christie Brinkley’s Recapture 360 Night Treatment specifically helps support the skin’s natural nighttime repair process with a peptide that is designed to work with the skin’s natural circadian rhythm (learn more here).
To learn more about our Bio-Clock Activation System, visit ChristieBrinkleySkincare.com